Friday, September 6, 2013

First Week of MDO

This was Clara's first week of "school"! (AKA Mother's Day Out) She goes to Trinity's program twice a week. They have a schedule similar to that of pre-k: drop off at 9am, free play, arts & crafts, snack, recess, music, story time, nap time and then pick-up at 2:30. She's sent home with a note each day about how she did, which I really appreciate. Mrs. Diane is her teacher and I like what I've seen so far. How she manages 5 early 1yr olds all by herself I have no idea, but her class runs like a well-oiled machine and she's been reaching it for almost 15 years so I guess she knows what she's doing!!

I have kind of a hodge-podge of pictures from Wednesday and today (Friday), her first week!

Getting her school shoes on Monday with Lulu:


Now we're all set to go!

Breakfast on her first day - banana, and peanut butter roll ups. 


Just because her pouty face makes me smile: 


I dropped her off (every single kiddo in her class had big bottom lips and was crying, it was so sad and pathetic, but I knew they would cheer up as soon as they realized they had new friends and toys to play with), got my oil changed (overdue!!), car cleaned, and grocery shopping done, and then went to go pick my sunshine up :)

Phew. It was a busy day, Mom!
When she saw me walk in I wasn't sure what her reaction would be, but she simply smiled, stood up, waved and said, "hi!" in her very Clara-ish way, and then ran to me for a hug and snuggle :)

I packed a snack for the ride home, guessing (correctly) she would be hungry again. Playing and resisting a nap burns a lot of calories, people.


Feeling pooped out, but glad to be home. 


But not tired enough to resist a game of chase-and-tickle with Dada!
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvjU1r-BNu8&feature=em-upload_owner


Better practice my reading before night-night-time! Goose makes a great listener. 


Of course I think she's a bit more tempted by Clara's snack than story. 


Friday morning -  Mother's Day Out Round 2!
It is Bryan's 9/80 Friday so he had a chance to go with us to drop her off, meet the teacher, see the classroom, etc. which was really nice.

The classroom with Mrs. Diane giving Clara a snuggle now that Mama and Dada are gone:



Her cubby! (the one with a girl with a blue shirt) With her diapers, wipes, blanket, paci, lunch, water and sleep mat. Who knew it took so much to go to MDO?!


My girl :)

Sorry for the manic smile and wet hair look I've got going :)
An example of the notes they send home each day. I didn't post Wednesdays because Mrs. Diane was kind enough to write down her email address for me in case I needed to reach her, but you can see today's:


I feel so much better knowing I'll get a report of her day.

So proud of my toddler for trying to adjust to this very new adventure. Love this munckin!

No comments:

Post a Comment