Thursday, December 20, 2012

Gingerbread House Competition

I don't know what happened to my prior blog post but it went crazy and deleted all of my text and rearranged the photos! Weird.

So our neighbors invited us to join their church for their Gingerbread House Competition. We almost bailed because I'd been having some really rough days physically and Clara had been a grump, but we decided we could use a distraction, and I'm sooo glad we went! It was a lot of fun! 

When we first got there everyone lined up for hotdogs and funnel cakes outside. 

Bryan with our neighbor Jamie
Very dark picture of Bryan, me & Clara:


Lots of our neighbors went! Saliks, Roberts, Yees, Griffiths, Owens & us :)
 

After dinner we headed inside to find our station:


I tried to figure out how on earth I was going to build a gingerbread house with a baby on me, hmmmmm.
Styrofoam is delicious!
Sweet Heather & Owen ready to take us on:

 

Jamie & Tyler prepared to get started:

  

On your mark, get set ..... GO! 30 minutes on the clock.

Alicia helped us while I tried to figure out what to do with Clara. 

 

I must have been sulking at my inability to participate because Kara very sweetly swooped in and grabbed the baby so I could help!!

:)


Our creation!!
We were really struggling to get our building to stay together, so I had a momentary stroke of genius - let's build a creche so we only need 3 walls and a partial roof!! Brilliant.

Our creation!

Note Mary, Joseph, & Baby Jesus in the manager, the sheep, goat, 3 kings & star of Bethlehem!
We also used coconut and smashed chex mix for snow/hay. 

Go Team Evans!


Me & dude:


Heather & Jamie with baby girl:


Me and my sweeeeeeet baby girl!!! yummy graham crackers :)

 

After the building while the judges were deliberating there was another building with tons of crafts for everyone ages 2-high school to do. I decided to participate with the high schoolers :) No one seemed to mind.

We built a tree out of scrapbook paper. Fun and cute!


Almost finished!

We found out later that we got a shout out for "Best Manger Scene" :)
Great night out!

Thanks for inviting us Peter & Kara!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment