Tuesday, September 8, 2015

"Month of Doom" Complete

You may remember me discussing about a month ago that Bryan and I were going to be completing a yeast cleanse. 

We. Did. It.

And though we had painful moments (man did I just want some cheese and BBQ sauce - but not together, though), we honestly did a pretty fabulous job, if I do say so myself. 

I've lost 10lbs, and Bryan has lost 9lbs, which we are also pretty stoked about, especially since 80% of this diet is something we can reasonably continue doing.

Highlights:
- Neither of us crave breads or carbs anymore (though we both missed potatoes a little bit)
- We've gotten used to minimal amounts of sweetness, so things that are sweetened "regularly" seem excessive, and quite frankly, gross (ex: regular ketchup)
- Bryan has mastered his addiction to diet coke
- Now 10-20 of dark chocolate chips satisfies any sweets craving I have
- We are both sleeping better and have more energy
- We've learned new ways of making dishes and are willing to experiment more in the kitchen

Bummers:
- My joints still ache, although the really bad flare ups are happening less often
- I still crave dairy. I'm allergic to it, and I haven't had it in a month, and yet it's still just as appealing as ever (dang it)
- Bryan still is having some anxiety/stress issues

We haven't resolved everything, but we've taken a major step forward to reclaiming health and wellness. I'm proud of the way we've learned to cook better, and using substitutes we wouldn't have used previously. 

I love that our girls now think almond/coconut milk is normal. 
I love that they've only had goldfish 3 times in a month and a half. 
I love that we sleep soundly (when no one wakes up unhappy *ahem, Emma*).
I love that we completed the cleanse, and know that we are capable of continuing to take control of what we consume. 

No comments:

Post a Comment