Sunday, November 8, 2015

Busy Weekend!

**Note before reading: I cannot get Blogger to cooperate with me! It's making somethings left justified and somethings center justified and no matter how many times I try to fix it, it just goes right back to this nonsense. If it bothers you too, I'm so sorry!**

Thankful for busy and fun weekends with friends and family!

This weekend involved a MOPS Date Night at the bowling alley, lots of play time indoors on a rainy Saturday with our children, going to the A&M vs. Auburn game at Kyle Field with our friends Michelle and Ben, church on Sunday morning and more playtime! We manage to pack a big punch in on these short mini vacations from weekday realities. 

First pig tails!!
Singing songs with sister about Circles:

Clara was wearing Emma's new boots on her hands and pretending to pray. She was super excited about Kid's Night Out at church! 


We had so much fun bowling! (and even more fun just visiting with our church friends)


I went to take a shower and came back to find Clara rocking Emma on her lap and reading her a story :) So sweet!!!


Clara has officially hit the age when she wants to build forts!! I knew it was coming, just didn't know when. The below picture was Clara insisting that Emma "go campin' wit me" :)


And then she added a blanket for more fun!

Then I took my little Elsa/Clara to Academy in the pouring rain for ponchos and a new Aggie jacket for both me and Bryan - and ended up getting one for each of the girls too. I probably wouldn't have, but tried the 2T on Clara and it fit really well, so I got her the 4T with hopes that it'll last her two more years after this one, and 2T for Emma hoping for the same thing. 

Clara also fell in love with this toddler Aggie hat ... I'm thinking I may have to go back to get it and make it into a stocking stuffer!


"Gig 'em, Aggies!"
Then our babysitter came over (and the girls had a great time with her!) 
And we drove to College Station with our two friends.



It was SO COLD. SO COLD, PEOPLE. It rained/drizzled/misted on us the entire time, the wind was blowing anywhere from 15-20 mph, and it started at 55 degrees before the rain and wind chill! BURRR. Our ponchos went on shortly after these pictures!

I tried to get a video of the swirling mist:

Then Sunday is church as usual. Emma wanted to go swimming instead, haha.


A brag on Clara: Today at church, even though it was her turn to get to use the Ariel dress up costume, she went into Emma's classroom instead to see if she could make Emma feel better and not cry anymore. When she realized that Emma was content as long as she was there she told her teacher that it was okay for another friend to take a turn with Ariel, she would just stay and play with Emma until Mommy and Daddy finished at church. Seriously, guys. My heart was in a puddle. I'm so proud of my girl for these moments of selflessness and the way she protects Emma. 


And of course, like every week, Emma loves the under water mural on the walls! haha

I don't have any other pictures from this weekend, but we took naps/rest time, went to the grocery store, played with our friends Mrs. Stephanie and Mr. Russell, and their sweet kids Zach and Victoria (how do I not have a single picture!?), and then we saw Lulu and Papa very briefly when they stopped by on the way home. 

Bonus: I went to sing Clara to sleep tonight, and within FOUR animals of Old MacDonald she was out cold. AMAZING. A Sunday win, man.

Have a great week!
(We have a big one coming up, so stay tuned.)

1 comment:

  1. And now my heart is in a puddle, too! Love those sweet girls! Molly likes to talk about how Clara has a sister, too. I'm so glad she has such a good big sister role model :)

    ReplyDelete