Wednesday, August 26, 2015

First day of school!!! 2015-2016

Monday was a big day for entire family! Bryan had an important meeting at work, Emma started the Older Toddlers class, and Clara started Pre-K for 3 year olds and I started teaching we well!

Bryan and I did absolutely everything we could to prepare ourselves the night before, but we knew even despite talking up the "special school outfits" (aka uniforms), Clara was going to have a melt down. The precious child LOVES to pick out her own clothes. She wants to accessorize, and match and clash and wear mommy's shoes or non-matching shoes, and a hat with a bow on top. She is such a free spirit and I love that about her!  But even free spirits sometimes have a to wear a polo shirt, sadly.

We were right. It went something like this:

BUT! Mommy got her a brand new backpack with her name on it and ballerinas, which made the whole world a better place. Plus she was allowed to pick out her purple bow (I didn't care in the slightest that her bow and shoes didn't match). I asked to get a first day of school photo of HER, but she really just wanted to keep touching her pretty new backpack :)


my heart
I love that they are wearing identical smiles!
Ready to go! Sisterly support! Solidarity.
To appease Clara I took a picture of their new backpacks - ballerinas and zebra
 Once I dropped off the girls and pulled into the parking lot at my own school, I snapped this:
The first day of my 7th year of teaching! hehe

In case you were curious what my classroom looks like this year:
Most of the student desks and English wall
My nook
Drama wall
Front of the room
When I picked up the girls, Clara was so happy and just absolutely gushed about her first day of school and all of her new friends and her new teachers and her new backpack and how she was gonna change her dress ONE MINUTE after we get home :)


Emma's new teachers sent these two pictures to me during the day:
Playing outside
Painting
They told me that although Emma doesn't look happy with arts and crafts time she was only upset because they paused the music for a moment and she wanted to keep dancing and painting at the same time :)

It's been 3 days now and I can safely assure you that both girls adore their teachers and their classes. Such an answer to prayer!

I hope all of the first days went as smoothly as ours did!

No comments:

Post a Comment