Thursday, October 21, 2010

School even when not in school

On Tuesday I left my 18 kiddos at Nitsch in the capable hands of a good substitute (thank goodness!) and went to Theiss Elementary to observe a FABULOUS kindergarten teacher (of 20+ years of experience - 10 at Nitsch and 10+ at Theiss).

It was actually pretty crazy. Those kids were so well behaved. The economic and physical make up of the school is basically night and day to our school, which made me a little concerned that I wouldn't learn as much as I would at a school in a (more) similar situation, but that didn't turn out to be the case at all. I really enjoyed my time with Mrs. D and learned a lot! She has also been kind enough to offer to send me some of the resources/materials that she uses in addition to meeting with me every 3 weeks or so to do some lesson planning in my struggle areas. How awesome is she? On a scale of 1-10, definitely a 15!

After school let out, I visited MeMaw & Paw Evans for a little while! I had a training in 2 hours and so I decided to stop by :) I really enjoy visiting with them!

Then I attended a D.I. (Destination Imagination) training that lasted forever... I didn't get home until after 9pm (yuck) and still had to get everything ready for today.
After a very late night last night and a looooong day today, I guess I better get back to lesson planning... have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment