Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Info Overload

This evening was Round #1 (a.k.a. informational meeting) at the Ryland Home's Design Center for Bryan and I. As noted in the title, they gave us SOOO much information!

They walked us through this entire showroom devoted to types of counter tops (and all the colors of each type), flooring (carpet, tile, wood), bathroom pieces (sinks, shower heads, counter tops, cabinets, etc), door styles, paint colors, light fixtures, stair railings, fireplaces, etc etc etc ETC! Whew.

It's a good thing we went to the informational meeting though because tomorrow evening is our first "design appointment" where we actually meet with someone by ourselves and talk through what we want, and they help us figure it out and how it would work all together. I think at least seeing the place and realizing how many decisions we have to make tonight will help us to stay more relaxed tomorrow. Plus we were able to spend some time comparing our different ideas of how we were thinking the house would look and finding some common ground. Bryan and I very rarely argue, but I still think it will help tomorrow to have worked through a few different views!! We are determined to stay on the same side throughout this process. It's so exciting - there's no reason to make it negative!! It's a good thing I married a sweet guy :)
Although, I would like to point out so far he's been the executive with the decision process, not the wife ... just saying. :)

Completely different subject: tomorrow is my formal observation at school! If you happen to think about it, I could use a few extra prayers and angels from around 1-2pm tomorrow. I have a few crazy 5 year olds that make teaching anything sometimes very difficult. I hope I can help them have a very GOOD day tomorrow so that the lesson I'll be observed during will go better. I spent quite a while this evening prepping every little piece of it and rehearsing with Bryan. He makes a pretty good pretend 5 year old. Did I say pretend? Kidding, kidding...

Also, Bryan's job is going well so far! He's still looking for things to do, but it is starting to get busier, which is very encouraging. I'm so proud of him. Thank you for the support so many of you have been giving him!

That's it for me! I'm about to go dream of either wrought iron stair rails, tile backsplashes, bedroom carpet, counting to the number 4, or reminding my children to keep their hands and feet to themselves over and over all night. Bryan even says I've been known to say certain student's names in my sleep ... and I usually sound frustrated, haha. Hmm, I wonder which names those could POSSIBLY be?? :)

Night!

1 comment:

  1. That was a good idea to have an informational meeting. Celina and I went in cold turkey and were exhausted afterwards. Can't wait to see your house going up!

    ReplyDelete