Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Breaking Ground!!

WOOO HOOOO: yesterday (November 23rd) the crew cleared our plot, dropped off the lumber necessary for putting up the form, and started on the form! They also evened the lot up with a ton'o'dirt.

Here are some of the highly exciting pictures (for us) I took:

SOLD! It's officially on the sign to prove it, yay!



This is standing in the back of the "house" facing the street and our across-the-street neighbors. From this angle, it looks huge. And it seems like a lot of dirt!



This is what the form looks like. They aren't quite finished yet, and I'm honestly not even certain what it does, but it looks much more exciting than just weeds or just dirt! :)



Final picture from yesterday: our "backyard." It's going to be pretty small, and sort of 'L" shaped, but our front yard is spacious and on a very quiet and small street, so our *future* kiddos will still have plenty of yard to run and jump and fall down in :)



I'm so glad they are finally started!! You would think after having so many people tell me I would need lots of patience to built a house, I would have really known what to expect. Instead? I just want to tell them to hurry up! I'm so stinking excited, and can't wait to watch the house slowly going up. Now that they've started, believe me, the pictures will keep coming :) Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment