Monday, November 29, 2010

Yep, it's....

PINK EYE!

Ah, the hazards of working at an elementary school.

The week before Thanksgiving I was throwing up nonstop thanks to a virus running rampant around the school, and now I'm using eye drops 3 times a day. I didn't know I had pink eye, though, and was there all day touching everything. I feel really bad about that, but I emailed the nurse to ask her to anti-bacterial wipe down my classroom before the kiddos arrive tomorrow morning. The doctor told me no school tomorrow - the antibiotic drops need 24 hours to majorly reduce the possibility of it being contagious.

So it's a substitute for my students tomorrow, and I'm working on getting together plans for them right now. I honestly can NOT imagine substitute teaching in a kindergarten classroom! What a nightmare! It's hard enough when you're their actual teacher, so many, many, MANY thanks to you brave souls who substitute teach these little ones! You have my eternal thanks! But be careful, and wash your hands very well because you never know what unsuspecting teacher contaminated the entire classroom with their pink eye, haha. Who knows what student I got it from. I'll have to keep a really close *eye* on them in the coming days... I know, I know, I'm cheesy.

Posts coming soon all about the fabulous Thanksgiving break we had! And of course, an update on the house! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment