Thursday, November 11, 2010

ooooops, I'm behind

I know I'm extra-behind on posting these days, I'm very sorry about it :( I'm extra-behind on just about everything as a matter of fact. We've done a couple of big things ... like finishing up all the designing decisions for inside our house (phew) and going to the Texas A&M versus OU game (which was incredible!)... and probably other things that I'm drawing a complete blank on right now :)

I have lots to say and I have pictures to post, but my life is a little on the wild side these days.
I've been battling bronchitis and a sinus infection for the last week and half which has NOT been pleasant, especially since I didn't feel comfortable taking a day off. (One student asked me if I accidentally ate a frog... I realize I sound like it, but CAN you eat a frog on accident?)

I've also hit a very LARGE bump in the road at school. Things have been extremely rough, and I'm not really referring to my students. Several things have happened which are a little out in left field, but I'm doing my absolute best to keep a smile in place and carry on. I would like to request your prayers, because it definitely is going to require divine intervention for me to get through this school year.

I'm ready for Thanksgiving break! 1 week and 1 day left! Boy, do I need it. Plus ..... all next week we get to do fun Thanksgiving-y things like Turkey and Pilgrim crafts and reading lots of fun books!! (Yes, this IS exciting if you teach Kindergarten, haha).

Happy teaching shout out: SOME OF MY STUDENTS ARE REALLY STARTING TO READ!!! Plus they are really starting to make the connections between letters and sounds, and starting to blend them together to spell. It's pretty cool to see the progress. These 5 and 6 year olds are really working hard with me to get there. Well, most of them anyway :)

Bryan's job is going well by the way!! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment