Monday, September 5, 2011

Texas A&M vs. SMU

It's the time of year we've all been waiting for - college football season!! Or, more specifically, Aggie Football Season :)



Bryan and I are delighted that Mom & Dad decided to get season football tickets and share with the two of us. (Delighted = ECSTATIC) Thank you both!!

After spending most of Saturday evening/Sunday morning painting (more on that in another post), we were relieved and excited to be on our way to College Station. Traffic wasn't too bad until we got to the Business 6 exit because there was a huge forest fire right off the highway. Crazy.

We parked in our usual place by the George Bush library, caught the bus to Reed Arena, and immediately found the tailgate Megan and Micah were at so we could say hello! She's pregnant! I'm so happy for them both.

We didn't have much time to spare, so we decided to head up to our seats before the huge crush started. It was time for some football!

Kyle Field was PACKED. It was record breaking attendance for a season-opener, and the 6th highest attendance ever - 86,951. Just seeing everyone there, singing the Spirit of Aggieland, and feeling the intensity of the atmosphere gives me chills. I LOVE Texas A&M, and adore the 12th Man. Even post-graduation, I don't think there's any chance of me feeling less like an Aggie.



It was also very nice to see my parents! The most handsome maroon-and-white couple there :)



Although there were a few sketchy moments from the defense, it picked up considerably. (For example, their main running back, Zack Line, managed to collect 101 yards in the first 10 minutes, but he was only able to get 27 yards the rest of the game.) Our special teams will probably get some extra practice in, and our defense will keep working, but the awesome news is that our offensive players can show up against anyone!



I love watching them play! Plus I could SEE! (Did I mention my parents got some great seats?!)

The pulse of Aggieland came out at halftime and (naturally) showed SMU's band up.





And we ended up winning 46-14!! (SMU remained scoreless in the 2nd quarter). It definitely left me encouraged for the rest of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment