Sunday, March 18, 2012

Painting the Nursery Tree

As I mentioned in the post about my birthday, one of my favorite things from the day was getting a tree painted in Baby E's nursery!!!

Maverick was ready to help:



We borrowed a projector from one of our neighbors (thank you Kristen & Craig!) to get the tree started, although after a little while I started ignoring the image and starting taking some serious artistic license :) Maybe not the best idea when you're not at all artistically inclined, but the worst thing that could happen would be me having to paint over it and start over, right? Plus I think the end result turned out great!



Maverick was a little bemused by this set up:



After a little while we shut off the image and I started to try to make the tree work a little better for the particular space we had to work with. It was also made a little more interesting by the fact that it was in a corner:



Mom & Marissa were so incredibly helpful!! We used stencils (I already mentioned once I'm no artist) to paint the leaves, blossoms & adorable birdies:





I LOVE THIS TREE!!! I honestly can't imagine it turning out better. It's by no means perfect, but it's sweet and adorable and perfect for a nursery. I think I'm going to add a yellow butterfly or two - maybe one landing on top of the outlet? :)



Here it is with the glider in front:



And there's the 29 1/2 week baby bump:



Best birthday project ever!!


Bryan also deserves recognition for allowing me to (a) start the project, and (b) set up the technology and give me direction. Thank you honey!

2 comments:

  1. baby evan's room is sooooooooo precious! i love love love the tree!!
    and yes, there should be a little butterfly on the outlet :-)
    ~ auntie leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The monkey kind of looks like she came down off the tree to sit in the glider. :) - Janie

    ReplyDelete