Thursday, July 12, 2012

Catching Up: Clara's Baptism

Well, I'm a bad blogger Mommy. Or maybe just a tired Mommy? :) I'm behind as always, but this time I feel like I have an excuse ... I do have a very small infant depending on me after all. And a pup. And a dude. 

Last time I posted I was really struggling with the new demands on me - physical, mental and emotional. I am doing much better! I've been able to get some help, and a couple of people have reached out to me, all of which I'm very thankful for. 

Right now my fella and our tiny dictator are snuggled on the couch watching Harry Potter, so I'm going to take advantage of an evening with TWO hands and get our followers caught up! 

First up: Clara's Baptism!! On Sunday, July 1st, 2012 at the 11am service at Trinity Lutheran Church (where Bryan and I are members), our sweet baby girl was baptized by Pastor Noack. Pastor Noack actually baptized Bryan many years ago too! (Does anyone have a picture of that?)

Right before the end of the service, which is when the baptisms happen, Miss Clara woke up and had a huge poop! It smelled horrible, but we didn't have time to change her before they called us up. I wonder what Pastor Noack thought, haha. 

Thankfully tolerating the water well
Bryan's showing her off and laughing because she's still pooting :)
Happy parents, sleepy baby
With Pastor Noack
Clara + Parents + Godparents
Clara + Parents + Nona & PawPaw
Clara + Grady & Marissa, her Godparents
My Family
Clara + Parents + Grandpa & Celina + Alexandra & Ronnie
Clara + Parents + MeMaw & Paw
I don't have all the pictures, but these are some that my Mom sent me, and I love them. There was a HUGE turn out in support of her at church, and even more joined us for lunch at my parent's house after.

There was a ton of food (delicious ribs & brisket) as well as swimming for the kiddos, visiting for the adults, the dogs were running around, and of course Clara made the rounds :) It was so incredibly awesome. Thank you for coming!! We loved it! (And thank you for hosting Mom & Dad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment