Thursday, December 25, 2014

Some December Cheer!

Prior to Christmas, we've been enjoying some Christmas-y cheer! (Anticipation is, after all, just as fun as the object of anticipation, right!?)

We decked the yard with some Christmas lights and our snowmen and tree. Please note that I did not get around to making another snowman for Emma yet, so here she is posing as a proxy for the snowman that I will make before next Christmas :)

Clara and Emma both enjoyed watching me decorate the house, and even occasionally "helped."


Emma shopped with me at Hobby Lobby because I wanted some 40% off Christmas bags :) Give the kiddo some cheerios and have random strangers smile at her and she's easy going!

One of her favorite snacks is a ice cream cone (minus the ice cream). She also loves soup, which is where Lulu & I like to taking a shopping break to eat.

Decorating her own tiny tree while Lulu and Emma watch

Helping Mommy decorate the big tree



Such concentration!
She really likes hanging multiple ornaments on one branch. I refuse to move them :) 

Singing Rudolph and Jingle Bells
Oh Mommy, the presents are so pitty!

Clara liked to take gifts from under the tree and redistribute them to her Moose and Babydoll and newly adopted Snowman.

heheheheh


First frenchbraid pigtails! and looking adorable :)
 Helping us pick out Papaw's Christmas present:

Trying on Mommy's hat
 I have an online network of moms of kiddos Clara's age. (We were all due in May of 2012). I ADORE this group and we've kept up all while pregnant and continue even now.) We do a Secret Santa Ornament and Christmas exchange each year, and when Secret Santa's gift arrived from New York (thanks again Lisa!) Clara was super duper excited about the stuff for her :)


Both girls especially loved the jingle bell headbands!
 Michelle and I took a day and piled both carseats in and both babies and ran several errands together. Makes it so much more fun!
A friendly investigation :)
 Time with Lulu at her house:

Making a trip to The Container Store. She's got mommy's keys and a baby poncho - what's not to like!?

Clara loves the Minnie Mouse ornament Lulu gave her for her tree. 

"Helping" Mommy wrap presents - mmmhmmm
 Clara only unwrapped 2 presents she wasn't supposed to. One of them she left alone after the first time, but Uncle Grady's she unwrapped over and over and over. I have no idea why!

I had originally wrapped up all of the nuts but gave up and settled for the lid after Clara's "help" :)

She also decorated some of the bags with extra tape.

Watching Christmas songs with Daddy and singing to each other

Clara helping me with laundry. I can't help but giggle. I promise I'm not teasing you Clara! It's just so stinking cute!


Maverick's Christmas spirit includes many naps
 Emma has several new skills!! waving, clapping, and playing peekaboo!


Clara is always surprising us with her new skills too.
Here she is singing the Rain Rain Go Away song after hearing me sing it a few times (it was storming).

Clara sings Jingle Bells:

And she CAN say the Pledge of Allegiance but she got a little nervous on video:

I'll make sure to get a better video soon :)


I hope you're feeling ready for Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment