Monday, May 4, 2015

Confirmation and Splashes

On Sunday Alexandra was confirmed at Trinity Lutheran Church! We sat at the very back of the church and attempted to keep our two kids under control. It worked for the first half of the service .... (I was reminded of how much I LOVE our 9:40 service at KUMC and using the nursery! Oh nursery, how I love thee.)

Sweet girlies and Daddy and MeMaw
Crayons: a church favorite for decades
Sister snuggles next to Paw
Congratulations, Alexandra!
Emma hilariously trying to "catch" her shadow, hehehehe
I was bummed to miss the fun after the service, but because Emma was insanely cranky and desperately needed a nap, Bryan dropped Emma and me off at the house so she could take a snooze and I could write a test review. I'm told Clara had a ton of fun playing with Grandpa and Uncle Ronnie though!

Once they returned we fed everyone lunch and then Clara ACTUALLY TOOK A NAP! (Yes, I know, it's amazing. Cue Hallelujah chorus.)

As a reward we took her to another splash pad per her request (I offered her a splash pad or the Children's Museum, and she chose park and splashes)

Her yellow rain boots on the wrong feet with her swimsuit crack me up :)
Series about food and playtime
Clara was quick to point out "good Emma water spots" so sweet

:)
Investigating is what Emma does best
Such a perfect Clara moment
Once they were chilled, Clara decided it was time to move over to the park and leave the water behind. We dried off, changed clothes, and scooted on over.

I love me some hooded towels
I like this :)
The girls had lots of fun climbing, swinging and sliding.

Climbing up!
Both girls swinging away




Once we got home we grilled because it's been such fabulous weather, and the girls got some more playtime in.



It was a really wonderful weekend! I was sad to see it end because we had so much fun and such great quality time with the girls and each other. Love these memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment