Monday, March 7, 2016

A T-Ball Newbie

Guess what Clara is all signed up for!? T-BALL! 

I have really enjoyed watching her enjoy ballet and gymnastics and swim as we've cycled through each of those activities. Swim is still sticking around because I think it's important, but now that Clara is old enough to play soccer or t-ball I am so excited! (And she is too :)

I was so tempted to coach for a minute, but after the 60 seconds were up I realized that I have NO room to add anything else on my personal plate, so maybe next year after I've seen what all it involves.

Before the season starts we figured we'd let Clara get some throwing, catching and batting practice so the first practice and game were miserable for her and she'd have a positive experience. We took a family field trip to Academy yesterday and let Clara pick out her own glove and bat - are you surprised she picked pink? ;) - and found her the baseball pants they are supposed to wear. 


Clara couldn't wait to try on her special baseball pants (she's an outfit girl after all), and thank goodness I had the foresight to get Emmy a pair too (in the smallest size available) because she immediately wanted to participate in the fun. We also got her a teeny glove because I know she's going to be running around the backyard picking up the balls and will love it too.



Whenever we find out what color uniform Clara's team has, I'll go to Hobby Lobby and get Emma a shirt that color and make her a "Little Sister Uniform". They'll love it. 

Each other's biggest fans
I just love this hilarious picture of Emma - her eyes! hehe

perfect fan material
two more years little one :)
Clara's games will be held on Saturdays - we'll keep you posted with times and places. Feel free to come catch a game with us! I can almost guarantee that it'll be entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment