Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Facial or Hair Cut?

Not for me - for the puppy!

You may have noticed that our little man has a TON of hair. It grows curly and in waves EVERYWHERE - including his adorable little face. It was getting so wild that it was in his eyes, and getting really matted below his eyes and around his nose from his eyes watering.

Before:


Keeping in mind that Maverick is infinitely more calm in the evenings after dinner and playtime, right around when he starts getting sleepy, I decided that last night he would get his first "hair cut." Don't worry, we really weren't overly ambitious - we just wanted to trim the hair around his face. This is still a little more challenging than you might think since he's tiny, and very squirmy. I had Maverick sit first in my lap so I could trim one side, while Bryan fed him small treats at strategic intervals, and then we moved him to Bryan's lap so I could do the other side. The result looks good!! Well, we think so.

After:


What do you think?
I think Maverick enjoyed stalking the vacuum cleaner after the haircut more than the actual haircut process, but that's pretty standard around here :)

It's hard for me not to include more pictures ...

I love this one because it just seems very personality appropriate. Goofy, ready to pounce, yet still relaxed. That's Maverick.



And this one is just too cute. He would WAY rather play tug or chase than watch me blog or check email or facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment