Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pick me, HGTV!

They won't ... especially since the network doesn't even know I exist or that Bryan & I have a new house that I have no idea how to decorate :)

After having a FABULOUS lunch with my Mom and Beth Hennings yesterday (thank you!), Mom spent the afternoon with me giggling over Maverick's antics and helping me search for window treatments. We came up with (what we felt like was) a really good idea for coordinating treatments for the den and kitchen, with a cool window seat cushion we're going to make out of two extra panels we ordered.

Once I set the "official" date of our Open House for May 21st (eeek! so soon!) it suddenly became very real to me that I need to REALLY get on the decorating ball! The only room in the house that looks (almost) completely put together is the den...

I have the change of address/open house invites now (they came in the mail on Tuesday!), so I need to get those addressed and sent off pronto! The problem is that the only time I can really do that is when Maverick is sleeping or licking the heck out of some peanut butter in his Kong :)

Anyway, today I decided to finish figuring out these window treatments, and made a decision on what will go in the formal dining room .... but I'm totally stumped with our bedroom. 100%. Again, HGTV designers .... where are y'all anyway!?

On a completely different note, Bryan was surprised when he got to the office this morning by this:



How sweet is that? I'm glad he's enjoying his job so much! And his co-workers are super nice to him. One of them even baked him a cake! :) His birthday's coming up on Saturday, fun!!

And, final subject change I promise, Maverick is so dang smart. Maybe too smart for his own good (and too smart for us too!) This morning he had his breakfast as usual, and then we played, took a walk, the usual, but he must have decided he was still hungry. He walked over to the bin where we keep his food and looked at it, looked at me and sat down. Then he walked over to the basket with the treats, looked at me and sat down. He repeated this a couple of times until I realized he was "sitting" like I make him do before I give him his food or treats! I thought that was pretty effective communication coming from an almost-3-month-old puppy! Once I got the message and gave him some more food, his tag wagged like crazy and he gobbled it right up. Problem solved! I didn't mind giving him some more, even though we're supposed to stick to the "3 meals rule" because he never eats when he's not hungry - and he's been going through a huge growth spurt. I can't blame the little guy for needed fuel for that growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment