Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Denver!!

Denver has been WONDERFUL!!

We drove up Wednesday & Thursday, and Thursday evening had dinner with Janie, John & Tyler before crashing for a much needed good night's rest.

Friday everyone went to work except for Bryan & I, so we slept in, and took the pups out to play in the SNOW at the dog park -- which they LOVED!! The rest of the day meant hanging out, baking, watching goofy TV shows and enjoying all 3 dogs - Maverick, Goose & Molly - as they got to know each other. It was also Janie & John's 5th Anniversary so we went to P.F. Changs to celebrate --- yuummmo.

Saturday we took the pups for a walk in the snow and then drove up to Estes Park (part of the Rocky Mountain National Park) and it was STUNNING - I will post pictures once I have Microsoft Picture Manager on my computer. We also had a delicious lunch in a pub in the little town you hit right before the park.

Sunday found us heading to Colorado Springs to attend Tyler's church and watch him play in the Praise Band. We had yummy burgers for lunch and then hiked around the Garden of the Gods - again, very pretty and cool!! Pictures will come for that too. Our dinner consisted of popcorn, milkshakes, apples & oranges --- perfect :)

Monday John had to work, so the 4 of us with the day off drove up to Golden, CO. Bryan & Tyler took a tour of the Coor's Brewery, and Janie and I walked in the snow around the sweet little downtown of Golden. The snow was gorgeous, and I found a little somethin'-somethin' for Baby Evans :) More on that soon!! For dinner we made pizza and watched all of the recent Castle episodes for those of us behind (*cough* Bryan and I ... oops).

Tuesday (today) we found out if our little Peanut is a GIRL or a BOY!!! The tech managed to get a great shot so Bryan & I didn't wait until Christmas to find out as planned. I also accidentally let it slip to my Momma over the phone - SHOOT - so it won't be a surprise for my parents on Christmas either - but everyone else will find out then!! :)

And that brings us to now, while the puppies are wrestling and napping, the boys are playing old school Sonic the Hedgehog :), and I'm thinking pretty hard about a nap. It's BELOW FREEZING out there (hasn't got above 26 yet today) so we're taking a pretty low key day to lounge around, discuss baby related things and get some laundry done.

It's been a great trip so far - we'll see many of you soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, I can't until y'all tell us if it's a boy or a girl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete