Saturday, January 14, 2012

20 weeks

Well, I still haven't been very good with the blog lately. I've been doing 4 lesson plan preps from scratch, teaching, grading, baby planning, house work, dog walking, you name it ... I'm sure I'm only going to get busier, but these days I can't wait to go to bed at some fabulous hour like 8pm :) Or earlier if I can manage it!


This belly shot was taken at 20 weeks, 0 days on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Precious baby girl,

I've officially been carrying you around with me for TWENTY weeks! We are halfway there to meeting you and introducing you to our world on the outside. A world with mommies, daddies, grandparents, friends, puppies, and sooo many cute clothes. Yesterday (Friday, January 13) for the very first time, your Daddy felt you kick! Who says Friday the 13ths are bad luck? He was so incredibly excited. We just laid there grinning at each other for long minutes. You are so loved already! I've been feeling you move around for about a week and a half now, and it's so much fun that Daddy can now feel it too.

We get to see you again on Wednesday! It's time for your anatomy scan which is our way of checking your little heart, lungs, digestive system, and other things to make sure everything is developing properly. If it's not, we'll have doctor's standing by to help you out when you're born, and if everything's perfect (as I'm sure it is) then we just get a chance to watch you wiggle for half an hour - sounds like a win-win situation to us!


You seem to really love to be active as soon as I start to eat, but the rest of the time I guess you're pretty sleepy because you don't move around too much then. I've been singing Disney songs to you in the shower and in the car, and Nona gave me some books to read to you while you're growing in my tummy. I've been reading them, and can't wait to see if you recognize the stories later on.


Oh - and if it's you that's actually wanting all the Sour Patch Kids, and not me - take it easy :) Mommy's done well with keeping the weight gain to a minimum, and you don't want to come out craving sugar highs!!! Frozen yogurt, though, I will never say no to :)


Love you so much!!
Hugs from the outside!

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment