Monday, January 2, 2012

Update + Weekend Doings

So Saturday was crazy (see previous post), but as of today (Monday) the bleeding has completely ceased and zero contractions are occurring. I still have minor cramping, but nothing out of the ordinary. Thank you Lord! Baby'n'I are doing just fine :) Thank you so incredibly much for the prayers we know were going up for all of us.

(This also means I can go to the gym again tomorrow - thank goodness!)

Since I wasn't supposed to do much this weekend, we kept things pretty low key.

Sunday my parents invited us to go see the Texans vs. the Titans game, which was a pretty big game, especially for the Titans who are fighting for a place in the playoffs. The Texans are thankfully already guaranteed a spot in the playoffs because they lost by one point in the last teensy moments of the game. We were able to sit up in the luxury of the Anadarko suite, watch the game, eat some deeelicious food, have an endless water supply and a nearby *clean* restroom - an AWESOME way to attend a football game :)

That afternoon we arrived at home and I immediately took a nap while Bryan played with the dogs and even helped wash dishes! (Brownie points to the fella.)

Around 6pm Collin & Laura came over, we ordered pizza and played a new board game: Fact or Crap. I really thought I'd lose desperately because I have almost ZERO useless information stored in my brain, whereas Collin & Bryan and FULL of it. However, I held my own until the very end and Collin just managed to pull ahead of me - doh! I do love to win :) But at least I came in 2nd instead of dead last! It was fun - mostly just a lucky guessing game. It was so wonderful to spend time with our friends. Plus, they gave us an ADORABLE baby girl bow - oh my goodness it's cute, and a sweet ornament of a pregnant woman with a place to put our due date for the Christmas tree. Thank you again, guys! It'll be on our tree next Christmas - probably right next to a "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornament :)

Today Bryan and I had one last day off together. We have LOVED getting to spend so much time in each other's company. You never know how almost 3 straight weeks of each other - including close to 50 hours in the car - will go, and it was just wonderful. I think we were really savoring all of the time we got to just talk and hang out before we have the little one here. I'm really bummed that he's headed back to work tomorrow, but I so appreciate how hard he works for our family. I'll be headed back to work on Thursday, too, so it won't seem as lonely at home for very long :)

Taking advantage of a week day off together, we made a bed-and-bedroom shopping plan. We hit up Rooms-to-Go, Mattress Firm, Star Furniture, Saltgrass (tortilla soup!! yumm), Mattress Firm AGAIN, Rooms-to-Go AGAIN, Mattress Firm AGAIN, and Rooms-to-Go one last time .... oh my word I was exhausted. We may have overdone a little bit, but we have a new mattress and a bedroom set being delivered to our house on Wednesday!! I'll take pictures as soon as it's here. Very exciting!!

Now we're watching some football and loving on the puppies. It was a good weekend despite the "taking it easy" mandate!

No comments:

Post a Comment