Saturday, May 4, 2013

A girl and her lemons


I had a pretty awful time at Studio One to One today. If it wasn't for the Groupon I had, I would have just left without any of the photos. Even Bryan thought I was justifiably angry (and he rarely thinks I'm justified, haha). If you are considering them for a photo session of your own, I will gladly share my experience there and you can make the decision. 

Thankfully lousy experience aside, we did still get several sweet pictures of Clara Beth. 
(Are there ever bad pictures of Clara? *biased mom alert*)

Clara's 1st birthday part is a Lemonade Stand theme, so I had fun gathering props together to use in the photo session as well as at her actual party.



Love!


Favorite :)

  
For the actual lemonade stand, the top sign is made of wood and chalkboard paint. I'm going to make some curtains so that she can use the stand as her own puppet theatre, cash register location, lemonade stand, etc. All she would have to do (or I would do!) is change the sign at the top. I'm really pleased with how well it came out. I will post a tutorial later on for those of you wanting to make one yourself.
 




She looks like a promising saleswoman to me!

Delicious


In keeping with the lemonade theme, the decor is still lemon-driven, but we introduced a cupcake to do a mini-smash cake session while we were there.
 




She was not shy at all about diving right in! About 10 minutes after smashing the cupcake and getting it all over herself though, she decided it was ZERO FUN and crawled straight to me and got icing and cake all over my shirt and jeans. We did plan on an outfit change for Clara, but not for me. Oops. Thank goodness for the washing machine!

All in all I'm happy with these photos. I hope you like them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment