Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day 1: Family Version

Although it's a day before, our family did the Valentine's Day thing today :)
We tend to bend tradition when it comes to holidays. Doesn't bother us one bit! We'll see if it bothers the girls when they get older.

First, I went to the chiropractor and found out they want me to get an x-ray tomorrow since there's a very good possibility I fractured my hip when I fell a few days ago. Sincerely hoping that's not the case! I'll keep you posted.

Then Mom, Bryan and I had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, yummm.
Because of the Rheumatoid Arthritis my hands tend to swell more on certain days than others. Bryan has told me since we got married that one day he'd love to replace the very simple wedding band with something a little more fun. We thought this would be a great time to do so - I can wear the engagement ring and wedding band when my hands aren't too swollen, and this one when they are.

I love, love, love it!!! And what a perfect join Valentine's Day, 27th birthday, and 5th anniversary gift :)

He even wanted to make sure it somehow involved keylime because when he proposed 6 years ago it was in keylime pie, this time it was with keylime cheesecake. I love this man. 


yumm
<3 td="">
Isn't it so pretty!?!?!?
 Then Bryan went back to work, I helped Mom with some paint colors and then came home and laid on ice for a long time.

Then this evening it was time for the rest of our Valentine's Day!

It is so typical Clara to pull out the goldfish first from her bag :) And be consumed with eating them for almost 10 minutes before being tempted to see what else there might be. Cracks me up.


While we waited for Clara to move past the initial excitement of a personal bag of goldfish AFTER dinner (whoa, I know), Daddy opened his gifts. It was full of his favorite things - Reeces Hearts, Dots, Jerky and of course, a pair of boxers (a yearly tradition). These were way too good to pass up, and Bryan laughed for ages. They're at the Hallmark Store if you need to give the man in your life a good laugh, ladies!

 Sorry for the inappropriate nature, but it's hilarious!

Clara finally decided to check out what else might be in the bag.


A necklace and a bracelet just for her!
"ohhhhhhh!!"


"pitty, pitty, pitty!!!"

"Dada!" (getting him to see her all "pretty") 
 Then there was a BUS!!! Beep beep beep, vroom vroom vroom, swish swish swish :)


 It's hard to get all of the fun new items to work together at the time.

She adores her new sunglasses.

And book, which we read several times.

Card Clara made Daddy at the last MOPS playdate.

Dada gave Clara a chocolate! Oh my.
She started off pretty excited
 But I guess it was too shiny and needed her sunglasses to study it thoroughly enough?

Tried it, sucked on it a bit, tried to chew it some more and gave up. Maybe next year, haha.



Then she wanted to add to the pretty coloring job she did for Daddy's gift.


so sweet
:)
 The puppies got some love on the oh so appropriate holiday too

Ooo ooo aaahhh aahhhh
Giving monkey a kiss


And a hug


giggling up a storm while playing toss the monkey
 Holidays may be exciting, but they are also so tiring. Night, night baby girl.


Tomorrow's edition: her first Valentine's Day Party at preschool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment