Monday, June 20, 2011

The camera loves him :)

After a pretty rough night in the Evans' household, when my alarm went off this morning, I wasn't really sure I wanted to face the day. Yet, even so, I got up and followed our usual morning routine, which includes, at around 8'o'clock, taking Maverick to the Bark Park.

I got there as usual, and boy was I surprised to see 5 or so other dogs I'd never seen before getting ready to go in! I was thrilled! Sometimes in the morning there aren't a whole lot of people who take their dogs, but I think it's the only time of day I can really handle standing in the heat and watching puppies wrestle and chase each other :) Otherwise it's just way too hot.

When I greeted them and asked if they were new to the area, they said no, that they were only there for a little while because they wanted to do a photo shoot for the magazine Woman'sDay. Initially disappointed that we weren't going to have more regulars (doh!), I perked up immediately when they asked if they could use "my adorable puppy" (their words, not mine) in the photo shoot. How could I refuse? :) I was thinking ... how fun + major bragging rights, haha.



So sure enough, Maverick did (mostly) what they asked him too, and he ran around and looked adorable and "grinned" at the camera. They thought he was awesome. There were several other dogs that they had brought with them, so Maverick was on Cloud 9 with so many puppies to play with and people loving on him :)

After a quick cursory glance through the shots, they said Maverick was in most of the really good ones, so that there was a very good chance he would be in the photo picked for the article they were doing. The article was featuring a woman that was being recognized for being a female entrepreneur and a community helper because she founded a company that promotes pets' health and played a role in getting dog parks started in various communities - one of them being, obviously, the Glennloch Bark Park that I take my puppy too.







I couldn't resist taking a couple of pictures with my phone. Whoever decided it would be a good idea to put cameras on phones was really thinking!

Anyway, I'll definitely be keeping a look out for the October Issue of Woman'sDay!!! Hopefully he'll be in the photo they pick!! How fun is this?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment