Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Since we've been back ...

Now that I've got all the days of our trip up, you wouldn't believe how insanely busy we've been since getting back to Houston!

The normal stuff like laundry, cleaning, going to work, etc., but a lot of extras!

I went back to the eye doctor, and I can finally wear contacts again! It had been almost 3 weeks, waiting for my eyelids and corneas to heal (arrg!) but now I can put my contacts in virtually pain-free. Whoop!

I've also been taking Maverick to the Bark Park for about an hour every day between the hours of 7:30 and 9:00. (After 9am, it's just too hot to be out there.) We've met lots of really friendly and fun people - and, of course, lots of canine amigos for Mav :)

This past weekend, we:
Had a wedding shower for Grady & Marissa on Friday night.
Saturday morning I got my oil changed, Saturday afternoon we spent at the lakehouse with friends swimming, Saturday evening was another shower for Grady & Marissa, and late Saturday night was a birthday party for a neighbor. (WOW, we were tired!)
Sunday was church, completely cleaned/organized the garage (it looks awesome!), errands, graduation party & dinner with Laura & Collin.
Does that sound like a restful weekend? Definitely not! BUT, it was wonderful. We saw so many people we love to hang out with and got lots done.

So far this week we've just been working, and I made it a goal to try a new recipe every day for 2 weeks. They have to be around 10 ingredients or less, take 30 minutes or less of prep work, but can cook however long it takes (I am a huge fan of my crockpot). We had a delicious Meatball & Veggie Stew last night, tonight it's Pulled Pork ... more to come. Bryan thinks this is a great goal for me :)

And last, but certainly not least, I've been planning our future garden. I want to build a raised platform bed and plant lots of veggies. I'm pretty stoked. More to come on that subject!

Hopefully now that I'm all caught up, I'll be better about keeping up with the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment