Saturday, November 12, 2011

{Day 10}

Thankful for beautifying :)

Sometimes all a girl needs is a little spiffing up :) I realize I'm behind, but it's been an incredible busy couple of days (thinks progress report grades due, eek).

On Thursday (hence the side note about being behind) I got my hair cut to the length I prefer it at, got all those weird layers out, and now I can put some product in it and leave it curly or blow dry it straight-er. (My hair does not really do completely straight for very long - especially in Houston). --- you know you need a haircut when your normally nonvocal husband suggests one. Oops.

And THEN I bought some petite length sweatpants (whoop!) which is a miracle for two reasons - I really only had shorts for nightly walks in 39 degree weather (a little chilly) AND my jeans are getting snug in the waist even though I haven't gained any weight yet?? I guess everything is just moving around as the baby moves around from my pelvis to my tummy where it'll live for the next 6 months or so. Weird.

And THEN Mom, Grandma, and I got pedicures :) Caleb & Krystal's wedding is on Saturday (which is technically today now), and the 3 of us have made it a habit of doing this together before any big family weddings. I have a bad problem with ingrown toe-nails on my big toes (To much information???) and so there was some grimacing and blood involved as the dude got the one I had out, but such relief once it's gone. Of course, 2 days later and I'm now pretty convinced he CAUSED one in my other big toe, but that wouldn't make me sound thankful, so I'll stop there. I do love pretty nails, and I rarely get them done, so it's always fun.

I really do feel better about myself. Thanks Mom for the suggestion & the pedicure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment