Thursday, November 10, 2011

{Day 9}

Thankful for Harry Potter :)

(Note: this isn't the same as being thankful for ALL books, or at least I'm claiming a difference :)

I ADORE the Harry Potter books, and enjoy the movies enough to watch them and appreciate them for their adaptations, while respecting that they can't do justice to such involved and delightful stories. (Note: I am, of course, referring especially to movies 3 & 4 which were, in my humble opinion, disastrously off the mark, yet still entertaining enough to watch, as long as I try to close my brain off to what I've read.)

Here's an interesting article that I enjoyed about the comparisons between the books and the movies up to book 6: "A look back at the Harry Potter movies." Sometimes I agree completely, and a few places I disagree, but I like the way the author approached the discussion.



When we bought our MacBook late this past summer, Apple included a 10% discount off of the price of the computer and a $100 iTunes gift card because I'm an educator. (Sweet!) I just put about half of that gift card to good use last night with Bryan when we purchased movies 1-6 on *SALE* for $6.99 a piece :) HOORAY! I didn't even have to twist Bryan's arm. We've been listening to the books on tape when we go on long car rides so that Bryan can hear the book version as well as see the films. I think we will be putting these to excellent use during our 18 hour ride to Denver in December. (We may even have to add the Hobbit & Lord of the Rings book to our stash next :)

No comments:

Post a Comment