Tuesday, November 1, 2011

TMI & Rant - think twice before reading

The most common question now that we're completely out of the closet about our pregnancy is: "How are you feeling?"

I'll give the benefit of the doubt to about 20% of the people asking that they actually do want to know and are okay with honesty, but I'm assuming the rest are hoping for a quick and simple "Great - I love being pregnant!" or perhaps will even accept the more truthful, "It's going okay."

If you are a part of the 80% who really don't want to know, I encourage you to stop reading now, and I promise to not take offense. This will be a lot of personal information.

I realize that ALL symptoms are a blessing, because I know the baby is doing great. Plus, they say the more symptoms you have, the healthier your baby is. Well our baby must be in the absolute pink of health!!

Otherwise, here's honesty for you .... 1st trimester is miserable!

Ouch. OUCH. Ow. OuChIe. oUCH. OUCH. oW. Owchie.
Everything hurts. Except my feet. They'll probably be next?

I'm rocking a sinus infection that I can't treat, which means constant headaches. Neck pain & back pain. My breasts hurt like crazy. My stomach is upset about 75% of the time - either nausea, or what I ate to get rid of the nausea didn't agree with me, and the latest & greatest: ACID REFLUX. Oh my gosh, it's horrible. I actually had to go to the doctor for the heartburn, and (thank you Lord!) received some prescriptions which are giving at least a very small amount of relief. No more chili or spicy shrimp for me!!

I am not normally a baby or a wuss. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, and am rarely whiny, even when sick. I'm taking this moment to whine & enjoy it! Especially since the guilt of griping will probably catch up with me in the next few hours.... :)

Billions of women have been pregnant, and I'm sure most of them have been miserable too. But bunches of people get the flu every year, and they are still allowed to complain, so I'm reserving the right as well.

I'm not scared of labor a bit, but I'm terrified of the next 3 1/2 weeks - Second Trimester come quickly!! And bring some relief with you, please!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment