Sunday, February 12, 2012

updates

In the last 3-4 months I've been a terrible blogger, and I'm sorry. I'm pooped out physically and worn out with lesson planning (for 3 classes this year and 3 classes next year), grading, getting lots of projects done around the house, and blogging has seemed more like a chore than the joy it normally is.

Overall update:
The 2 puppies are doing great! Loving their walks and trips to the dog park.
Bryan's job is going really well, spent a week in Colorado recently, and he's been working quite a few evenings a week to stay on top of everything. I'm so thankful he enjoys his job and has some wonderful co-workers.
My job is much better this semester (not that it wasn't good last semester). I'm currently feeling swamped with lesson plans, parent conferences, and grading, but I'm thankful for a school with students I love and friendly co-workers.

Most of you probably would rather hear about baby though :)
Baby is doing really well - moving around so much, and has given me a couple of really good kicks. (Future soccer player?) I have my 25 week appointment this Tuesday and we'll get to listen to the heart beat again and make sure she's doing really well. They think I've got some pregnancy-caused anemia so they'll check my blood and see if we can get some of those weird symptoms under control.

We've been going over and over and OVER names. We were pretty convinced Rory Elizabeth would be her name - but we like several others as well and can't seem to get committed. (More like I can't commit myself. We always thought I was a decisive person - but either pregnancy hormones or major decisions like giving an infant a name they'll be stuck with the rest of their life seems to make me indecisive.)

Oh, and I somehow managed to sprain my right shoulder - doh! No more heavy lifting.

I think that's about it for the overall update. Perhaps more specifics to come? I make no promises, but I will certainly try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment