Monday, April 23, 2012

A Week Away

Last week Bryan was in California for work (late Sunday through Saturday around noon). Historically, Bryan leaving me for more than a few days has almost always resulted in some sort of crises (think: dogs at the emergency vet, no electricity for more than a day, water leak, etc.) Trying to be proactive, we decided to board the pups at Willow Creek (which they LOVE), and I would stay at my parent's house at Lake Conroe to help with Grandma and prevent me from going crazy. Double bonus: my parent's have a pool! (which feels like Heaven when you're 34 weeks pregnant)

Bryan's trip went really well, he learned a lot and was able to get a bunch of stuff done for Anadarko. For more details you'd have to ask him since I'm still not sure exactly what he was doing - something with new software, hand held devices, geographic systems ... ?? Obviously I'm not a good listener since he explained what he was doing several times. 

The week was also a little whacky because it was SAT testing week at school. This means I got out early every day but Friday! (Can I get an "Amen"?!)

Monday was low key. School let out early at 12:30pm after the students took their Language portions of the SAT. I honestly don't remember what I did that afternoon ... maybe running errands with Mom? We did watch Dancing with the Stars - I like the football player & opera singer. We'll see what happens to them. Oh - and how could I forget? We turned on the hot tub later that evening. Glorious. Even Grandma stuck her feet in!

Tuesday was Legacy's annual Race For Education (which wiped me out by the way!). I did walk the 5K, but didn't even think about running it. And I volunteered at the Three Legged Race station after the race (which was hilarious). Completely hot and tired, I then met Mom's Book Group for lunch, which was really nice. I headed back to my parent's house, and then Mom & I went shopping for furniture for the bunk room at the ranch. We pretty much got back to the house in time for me to say hello to Grandma, visit with her friend Patty briefly, and then drove back to The Woodlands to meet up with Rachel, one of my college roommates, for dinner. It was actually an insane day and I was exhausted by the end of it!

Wednesday I headed to school from only 8am-10am (crazy, I know) as the students took their math portion of the SAT test, and then they surprised me with a baby shower at one of my 9th grader's houses who lives close to school! I was so blown away by how awesome my students are. Rebecca made a cake, and Sarah made punch, and all the students visited with me and gave Baby Girl gifts. It was amazing. After the baby shower I joined some of my coworkers for a late lunch, then ran back to my parents' house, and had a really wonderful conversation with my Dad. It was Grandma's chemo day, and she was surprisingly enough hungry after so we had dinner at Phil's so she could get herself a burger with mushrooms & a coke - just what she craving. 

Thursday there was no school, but I had a prenatal appointment with the midwives (I've had better), and then tried (and was eventually successful) in getting Grandma hooked up with some blood work for the nutritionist. Mom, Grandma, Patty & I had some lunch, and then I went back to the house to do some more swimming. The water is still a bit cold, but it really doesn't matter :) After a very long grocery store trip with Grandma, Mom & Grandma made it back to the house and we got started on the tiny's "valence"! I realize it's highly unconventional, but it's turning out to be so cute. Can't wait to see it hung! 

Friday we had a full day at school, and then I picked up the puppies in the middle of a pretty legit storm. They were worn out from their week at Willow Creek and ready to just nap. Aren't tired pups the best? :) I joined Laura & Collin for a very late dinner at BJ's Brewery and LLLOOOVVVEEE their pazookies. Bryan and I even bought some cookie dough to see if we couldn't make our own. We'll see :)

Saturday was a lazy morning and then Bryan came home!! And that pretty much catches us up for the week. I have several pictures, but can't find the cord to connect my phone to the computer for some reason. I'll have to add those Bryan gets home.
I hope y'all had a good week too! Thanks for letting me stay, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment