Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Beth & Janie's Baby Shower

This past Saturday, April 28th, two of my dearest friends - Janie & Beth - threw me a baby shower. Janie even flew in from Denver to do so!! In fact, it was absolutely wonderful because Bryan & I got to have dinner and hang out with Janie & Tyler (who also flew in!) Friday night, Bryan & Tyler drove to College Station for the Maroon & White Game on Saturday while I saw Janie at the shower, and then Saturday evening Tyler came over to our house to visit some more. I miss these guys so much that it is SUCH a joy to be able to visit in person!

Margarita cupcakes, chocolate spice cake, light sandwiches & fruit - yummmmy
First things first, some munchies & visiting
Making sure everyone was introduced
Once folks arrived they filled out a card with advice for the new mommy (which I will treasure). Janie read them aloud (I am particularly adept at recognizing handwriting) and I was supposed to guess who gave what advice. It was fun to try to figure out who would give practical, who would give emotional, and who would give funny advice :) Nailed it most of the time! Although there were a few tricky ones :)
Beautiful blanket created by hand by Janie!  We were given so many sweet, thoughtful, and generous gifts. Thank you so much everyone!!
With my grandmothers - My Meemaw on the left, my Grandma in the chair, and Bryan's MeMaw standing by me. I love all three of these women so much. This is the 1st great-grandbaby for 2 of them, and Grandma's 15th!
With Cousin Emily and the ADORABLE elephant hamper.
The two fabulous hostesses. Thank you, THANK YOU!
Bryan's step-mom, Celina, his Aunt Lety, & MeMaw Evans
With my Momma - next photo we have together should be with 3 generations!
Two of our fabulous Aberdeen, Scotland friends - Nina & Debbie
My Papaw swung by at the end to pick Meemaw up right around the time Bryan showed up to see and thank everyone himself
Three of my FAVORITE people: Bryan, Janie & Tyler

This shower was so sweet!! Thank you so much everyone! This little baby has no idea how loved and celebrated she is yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment