Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Legacy Diapers

Today the fabulous staff at Legacy generously gifted Bryan & I with so many diapers!! (and wipes, shampoo, and a few cute monkey onesies with pants). Many of the givers were from our wonderful administrative team, fellow high school teachers, and other teachers I've had the chance to get to know and love this year. Some of it I'm not sure who it came from! 

The piles of diapers that showed up in my classroom this morning!

Bryan is going to be so excited and surprised when he comes home later :) How amazing is it that we both work at places where we feel respected, useful, and cared for as a person? Even more crazy, both places recognize how important family is too. We've both served time working for employers that didn't believe a person's family was (or should be) as important as their job, and viewed employees as a means to getting to the bottom line or as individuals that could be bullied and threatened into better performance. Now that we both have a job that we enjoy - thank you LPCA & Anadarko! - I realize how rare and special it is that we both like going to work and seeing our coworkers (and in my case my students and parents as well) in and outside of work.

I have been dragging for a few weeks because of the sinus infection, insane lack of sleep, and general discomfort I've been feeling, but even with all of that going on, I want to be at school with my students and I want to see my coworkers. There will be plenty of time this summer when it'll be just me, baby, puppies - yikes! :)

I'm so grateful for such a loving and generous gesture from the Legacy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment