Thursday, May 10, 2012

My achy breaky family?

The medical field has been making their money off of the Cunninghams/Meloys/Evans recently!!

As you may have just read, Goose just had her puppies. That involved one emergency vet trip pre-pups being born, when we found out she had inflamed tonsils and a bad allergy problem. After IV fluids & an antibiotic, she was as good as new. I did think it was funny the way the vet kept referring to all women with pregnancy as having a "debilitating disease" as both my dog and I were very clearly pregnant :)

Then Maverick somehow got a yeast infection in his ear, and NOW has a very badly torn pad on his paw and will need to go in tomorrow to get lots of stitches. Good grief. It looks like it hurts really bad though. I wish I knew how it happened?! (I can't believe I will one day be adding what happened to my child to this list of crazy accidents ...)

My Grandma (Jessica) has Stage IV Lymphoma, and Cervical & Uterine Cancers, and has been living with my parents for over 3 months now. Constantly rushing her to the ER, taking her to chemos, blood treatments, nutrionists, and all matter of other things is making life a little (a lot?) crazy. My Mom is carrying the hugest portion of this burden, but I've been trying to help out as much as I can on weekends and my days off. She is currently in the hospital again (since this past Wednesday) for blood clots in her legs (scary), a UTI, and pain caused by the Kidney stent they put in (which unfortunately developed an infection.) Many rounds of plasma, antibiotics, saline with magnesium, etc etc etc etc and she's starting to do better, but they don't anticipate her being discharged until Monday. Hopefully they'll still be able to get her chemo done on Wednesday so they can do CT scans to determine progress. Please, please pray for Grandma - for healing, for a positive attitude, increased appetite and increased drinking. Please also pray for my Mom - for patience, grace and fortitude. You rock Mom.

My sister-in-law, Marissa, developed a kidney stone, which was horribly painful for her and has thankfully passed. My brother developed an infection in his lymph-nodes - how is that going by the way, Grady? Are you feeling better?

And now I've got several signs of minor pre-eclampsia: swelling, elevated blood pressure (I usually have a below-average blood pressure), traces of protein in urine, crazy miserable headaches, light-headenedness and fatigue. Hey, baby, calm down! You've only got a teensy bit of time left to go. Let's finish up on a positive note, okay?

Our family needs to take a break from all this mess!! phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment