Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Is there a baby yet?

Doh! No :(

But I've been having lots of contractions and cramping, so I'm hoping SOON. Otherwise this could be a very laborious labor process (see what I did there? :). I keep reading these stories of first time moms that have all these irregular contractions for a week or more (yikes), and I'm hoping that will NOT be the case.

I've been doing lots of bouncing on the exercise ball, going to the chiropractor, walking Maverick, taking the (incredibly disgusting) L6W drops, and praying. God knows what the perfect birthday for this little one would be, but I'm hoping it's in time to celebrate the Memorial Weekend with her :) Yesterday evening/night I was having very regular and painful contractions and Bryan and I were starting to wonder if it would finally be time, when around 3AM they stopped. It was disappointing, but also a good dress rehearsal. We've had a lot of people express doubt in my ability to deliver med free at the birthing center, but I feel so empowered and capable. These practice rounds just make me more determined and more excited.

Grandma has also been transferred from Conroe Regional Hospital to HealthSouth Rehab Hospital - praise the Lord!! We were not sure when this would finally happen, but I kept hoping Baby E would wait until she was settled there before making her appearance, and now I feel like everything is ready to go. I think Grandma probably feels slightly like she's been enrolled in Boot Camp, but it'll be so good for her. Time to work those muscles, get some nutrition, and start interacting with folks again! I'm so thankful that this takes a huge amount of pressure off of my Mom's shoulders. 

Also, I don't know if I've said this yet, but our school is out for the summer. Our last day of school was last Wednesday, and all I had to do after that was get the finals graded. All done!! Although since I've had quite a bit of down time I've been developing my lesson plans for World Geography next year and I'm so excited :) This summer is probably going FLY by, so I'm glad I've got some prep work going in advance. 

Stay tuned, friends. Hopefully I'll be "introducing" you to someone soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait! I am so excited for you, friend! She'll be here soon!!!

    ReplyDelete