Sunday, May 20, 2012

Letter to the Tiny One

Dear Littlest Evans,

It's been a while since I've written you a letter! You won't remember this, but we do have a fairly one-sided conversation every morning in the shower, unless you count the rolls and pushes you give me in return to my explanations about life and begging you to come out so I can meet you :)

You are 38 1/2 weeks developed, and as our midwives say, "really running out of room to grow!" When they measure my uterus, it's all the way up to my chest and way down low. You've dropped little one, so I hope that means you're thinking about exiting soon. Your Momma is having a hard time breathing these days, and my feet and hands are very swollen. My Mom doesn't remember if she was or not, so maybe in 25-30 years we'll see if it runs in families :) I am also incredibly grateful to our chiropractor for making sitting, standing, walking and laying down much more manageable. I've been eating applesauce by the gallon trying to keep the heartburn at bay, so who knows? That may end up being your favorite food! You have such violent pushes, kicks, and stretches now so I'm convinced you're going to be crazy tough like your Momma. Your Daddy agrees, although he insists your wit and smarts will come from him :)

The puppies are curious about all of your belongings. I caught Maverick sitting in the bouncer, so I'm sure the weight limit is plenty high enough for a wee one like you. Goose is fascinated by the cradle Grandpa Ronnie built you and has been trying to figure out how to nap inside. Both dogs love to doze on the glider, and so do I! Hopefully you find it as soothing and relaxing as we do.

Your parents have now attended a Birthing/Infant Class & Breastfeeding Class, so try to remember we've done our best to prepare for what to do, and try not to get too frustrated with us when we don't remember everything. Your Momma is very nervous about breastfeeding, so work with me until we get it right. We won't let you starve, I promise!

The nursery is decorated and organized, your clothes are washed and folded, we have a cabinet in the kitchen dedicated to just your baby items, the bathroom is full of baby soap and lotion and an itty bitty tub, our room is prepped and ready for you to camp out with us for about 6 weeks, the car seat is installed, and we have a diaper bag all packed and ready for you little one. I hope you will feel very welcome!! I'm sure you'll let us know if you want something else, although I have no idea what that could be.

Your grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, parents, and puppies are so ready to meet you! Feel free to come join us as soon as you're ready!!!

Love,
Your biggest fan

1 comment:

  1. Precious, Katy! I am so excited for you. She'll be here in no time! Praying for a beautiful, blessed delivery. Let your Legacy family know when she arrives!

    ReplyDelete