Tuesday, February 5, 2013

It's a good day to be a mommy


You've heard me vent on my super rough days, so I feel like you should hear me praise on days when I feel like things are going right!!

This morning we got up nice and early, just the way Clara likes it, the little morning bird.
She played on the floor while I did my sit-up/squat challenge, and then we discussed all sorts of things, although I'm not sure what they were :)

I noticed she was starting to get cranky, so I took Clara & Maverick for a nice long walk. I ended up carrying her the whole time, so double the work out for me! Both she and Maverick really enjoyed it.

When we got back, we played for a little while, and then she took a lovely nearly 2 hour long nap (!!!) ... although she did fuss for about 30 minutes first.

While she was asleep I wrote a paper, which felt highly productive. 

When we woke up we played on the floor for a while, and then took a quick trip to Target. 

I noticed at playgroup that she was obsessed with Miss Emily's sippy cup, so I decided to get her one too. She LOVES this thing. Even when she goes to play with other toys, she'll go back and grab it, play with it/drink from it for a little while, and go back. 

Sippy cup winner!


"How cool is this, Mom?"

Then we did some reading. Clara's new skill is learning to turn the pages herself. She doesn't always wait until I'm done reading the page, but that's perfectly okay.

She also adores books with textures!
I think poor Biscuit might not have any more fur if she keeps up the tugging :)


"Where is love, Biscuit?"

She's currently in her crib expressing her disgust with the idea of an afternoon nap quite vocally, but that's alright.  She'll sleep eventually. I hope.

I just feel like I did things right today. And all by myself.
I CAN do this mommy thing ... some days anyway :)

Thank you Lord for restoring my confidence at intervals when you know I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment