Friday, March 1, 2013

Playroom

About a week ago I had an epiphany. I adore those, don't you? I thought, "why do we have toys in so many places when they could all be concentrated in one area?" Hmm.

So now the guest room is upstairs with the office, and the former guest room is a playroom!!

The first thing we had to do was move all the furniture. I appreciate my parent's assistance with Clara so Bryan and I both had 2 hands for that job.

Then, using Container Store magic, I fixed up the closet to work well as an arts & crafts closet.

Then (with Mom's help) I painted an accent wall!

All in all I'm very pleased with the change, and it's been fabulous for playing with Clara and keeping the rest of the house almost completely toy free - hooray!! :)

I'm pretty sure Clara Sunshine likes it too. 

First shopping for the closet system:


She's such a good helper :)


Ta-da!


Great for organizing scrapbook materials, arts and craft supplies, fabric, ribbon, and other toys:


On to the paint job...


Painter's tape is up.


Another great helper :)


Some yellow is on the wall. This is where I take a big step back and go, "Oh my gosh, this is such a huge mistake. Am I crazy!? It's so yellow!"


But I keep going anyway, and this is what it looks like that first day:


After another coat of paint and the tape is off, I start to think, "Very cool."
Figuring out where the clouds will go and giving them some shape:


Finished!! 


Yay!


Clara's a big fan too :)


Hmmmm. This could be interesting...


I hope you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment