Friday, September 19, 2014

5th anniversary! (in the style of parents of young children)

Well, the first part of the day was Houston flooding and me "teaching" (school was cancelled after I got there because several roads in our area were closed or impassable). And then it was taking care of our two rugrats and an insurance debacle. And then it was a pizza playdate with friends.

Sounds romantic, right?
Okay, no.

BUT it is real life and I honestly wouldn't change it. Why not celebrate our anniversary with two of the people who have impacted our marriage the most?

Because I'm feeling nostalgic though, here are a few of my favorite photos from our wedding day 5 years ago!





And then fast-forward until you get to today!
We met for lunch at BJ's Brewery (one of my favorite restaurants) and took turns bouncing Emma and feeding her some apples.



Then I needed a safe place to stash her while I did a few quick chores around the house.
Here she is in a baby crib/baby flower tub combo. Why not? Houston was flooding anyway, haha.

And she really liked it!

Kicked back and enjoying the soft fabric
:)
 Then we collected Clara and drove over to the Bunnis household.
The kids got to play:









and get some energy out. And we enjoyed pizza.

And, in typical Kate-fashion, I did something stupid. In this particular case I somehow managed to swallow a coke can tab (how!?) I'm waiting to figure out what I should do about that ...

Anyway, happy anniversary to the coolest dude in town.
Love you mister. All the time. Forever and ever. Really, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment