Sunday, January 30, 2011

Classroom & Pigs

I mentioned several weeks ago that I did a massive classroom make-over. It's been working much better than my old arrangement. Since I won't be using it much longer, I thought I should probably post the pictures I had promised to post ... sorry for the delay :)

Here's the carpet/starboard/calendar time area:



Here are my students' desks and small group table (most of the room):



This is more random, but this past week we've been reading books where pigs are the main character, writing about them, etc. So I decided to do a guided drawing with the students where we all drew a pig together and then I let them use watered down watercolors to paint the sky and grass around the pig. The great thing about watercolors is that whatever they've done with crayon won't be covered up by the paint because the paint stays off the wax. Most of the kiddos did an awesome job! A few struggled but they're still cute!

Here's just one example close-up:



And here they all are lined up on the wall. The kids were so happy to see them hung up when they got back from P.E. :)



Some things about Kindergarten are so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment