Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Joshua Creek

Although I'm a little late, this past weekend my parents, Bryan and I drove a little north of Boerne, Texas to Joshua Creek Ranch. It was a WONDERFUL and fun weekend!



We had some beautiful lodgings. Where Mom and I are standing was our view when Bryan & I woke up, and where Dad, Mom and Bryan are standing was in the kitchen/dining area of our really nice cabin.



Mom and Dad clearly had a good time messing around :)



Watching the birds work during the field hunts (for quail, pheasant and chucker) was AWESOME. Those dogs are so neat and fun to watch work! The picture of the cocker spaniel (named Buster) below is one where he actually caught a quail IN THE AIR and then, without dropping it, picked up the quail Bryan had just shot and took them both to his owner. How cool is that? The other picture is Bryan shooting at a pheasant - which fell to the ground shortly after this photo was taken :)



Then we did the driven pheasant hunt! This was SO MUCH FUN!! Bryan absolutely loved it. Dad, Bryan & I all had pretty sore shoulders after this :)
The 10 shooters managed to shoot over 300 birds that afternoon. A-mazing. We even broke a Joshua Creek record!

Below is Bryan & I posing in front of all the birds shot that afternoon. The other one is Mom & I nice and bundled up when it was about 28 degrees outside - burr.



And here are the 10 hunters + Mom posing in front of our 300+ birds. Yum!!!



It was a wonderful weekend. We would love to go back again.
*For those that don't approve of hunting: I tried to minimize the pictures of too much carnage :)*


No comments:

Post a Comment