Monday, January 3, 2011

Half-way Oopsie

So about those New Year's goals .... I managed one of them today! But not both.
Wanna guess which?


I did make it to the gym!! :)
(And I was right - it always does make me feel better)

It's the "making myself love the rest of the school year" goal that didn't go so well today, BUT it had nothing to do with the students - they were great. Today was really a super day back at work. I don't know if it's because I had pretty low expectations, so it seemed extra-good, or if it really did just go really well! I think what REALLY helped was that my most difficult student was absent today. I always hate to think it, but it really does make a difference when a difficult student isn't there. I sincerely, from the very bottom of my heart, hope that my child is NOT "that" child when they are in school. That they are NOT the child that encourages their teacher to go to Happy Hour on Fridays :)

It was actually a tiff with a co-worker that made my afternoon head south. It's amazing how someone can assume they are so extremely superior to someone else that they think it's perfectly okay to criticize everything they've done. Given the circumstances, I feel that I've done a pretty darn good job this year. I'm NOT meant to be a kindergarten teacher. I'm meant to work with older students - this was pretty obvious even when they offered me the position. However, I've done research, put in some extremely long hours, and worked very hard to get better and better and do a good job for these kiddos. And I really don't think I've failed as badly as a few people like to think I have. But who knows? I might have. But given that there are 149 days remaining, let's at least PRETEND I may have done something right, or it'll feel even longer than it sounds!

Okay, rant over. I guess I'll start over with my resolutions again tomorrow. Going for 2/2!

I hope everyone else's first day back at work for 2011 was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment