Sunday, January 16, 2011

M-A-R-C-H!

Well, it's been a busy, busy, busy .... did I mention BUSY week?
I got a new student, and so I pretty much had to rearrange my classroom completely to make room for anymore incoming students. Thankfully the new arrangement will allow me to seat 2 more students comfortably, although I REALLY hope that wasn't tempting fate!! Since I was rearranging anyway, I went ahead and gave the entire room a go-over. I updated the decor, moved the Starboard, teacher table, carpet, and center areas, along with the student table arrangement. I keep trying to remember to take a picture so I can post it on here. I'll try to remember that this week!

But more interesting is all of the house changes! We had our pre-sheet rock meeting today and it went pretty smoothly. We had a couple of questions, and our builder showed us a few things they had to change from the original plan.

The AWESOME news is that instead of closing on April 30 which was the initial estimate, the plan is now around the end of MARCH!!! WHOOP!! We can't wait!

Here are a couple of pictures from the last week:

Air Ducts are pretty much taking over our house! Although they will be covered up once they do the sheet rock. Still, it's kind of weird to look around and see all of these monster tube like things roaming all over the ceilings and walls, haha.



Jacuzzi tube!!! Whoo hoo!



And ..... brick!! The brick was delivered this week, and the stone will probably be delivered next week. Not this week but the following week the brick will start going up!



It's very quickly becoming a "real" house instead of just wood, nails, and shingles. Pretty wonderful :)

Tomorrow my day is made because it's Martin Luther King Jr. Day! AKA I don't have to go to work! And that, my friends, is a great day. Mom & I are going to hang out together, which I'm super excited about.

Bryan, on the other hand, will be freezing his butt off because he'll be in Pennsylvania on a work trip. There's a high of 22 and a low of 9 or something crazy cold like that. He'll be gone until Wednesday night. Does it count as me stealing all of the covers if he's not here? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment