Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Do you see what I see?

I had an INSANE day at school, but I made sure to look on the hilarious side of it all, so I'm good :)
... like the child that told another teacher that I forgot to take them to lunch (not likely to happen! I love having 30 minutes to regain my sanity)
... or the child that claimed I wouldn't allow them go home (our P.E. time was switched just for the day - we usually go home right after P.E. or music but we had to switch with 4th grade since they were taking the TAKS, so it was at 9:30am)
... or the child that told me (after being given a referral for slugging another child in the face) that he was "going to kick me in the nuts" (anatomy difficulties aside, it is still a very inappropriate comment to make to a teacher).
I also did Rigby testing all day (yuck!) but I managed to finish every single student so tomorrow and Friday there won't be any testing, whoohoo! At last the children went home (yes, I did allow them to go home after all ... haha) and I found myself cracking up like usual at the end of the day :) My sense of humor has developed wonderfully these last several months!

Meanwhile, Bryan had a pretty interesting day too! He started on a machine in Andarko's gym that you have to sign up for. You're given a 30 minute slot and have to complete 24 sessions in 4 months to keep it. He has a slot on Monday, Wednesdays and optional Fridays. It's called a Ko-ko machine. I believe Bryan's exact words were "Ko-Ko kicked my ass" :) I'm really proud of him for doing it! It sounds like it combines strength training with endurance. Pretty cool!

Then Bryan stopped by the house to check out the progress and take some pictures. Notice anything different?



Yep, that's right! We have WINDOWS! And siding!
Note: The siding will be painted.

Bay window!



I think this is probably the coolest part:



The big front bedroom window & the door/windows in the entry! Yay!

And finally, can you guess what on earth this is or where it might go?



If you guessed rain-glass window that goes next to our bathtub, you'd be correct! Looks pretty cool!

We also have DOORS!
They aren't the final doors, they're temporary for while they work.
This one goes on the side of the garage for BRYAN'S easy access to the lawnmower, etc :)



I hope this post made some sense. I'm worn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment