Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ramblings of a sleep deprived momma

Well, yesterday Clara got to experience her first trip to the Tax-Assessor-Collector Office. Poor thing, she's not even 4 months old yet!

However, I was able to successfully get new registration stickers for our 2 cars. If success equals getting my infant to and from the office, standing in line for over 2 hours with a grouchy baby, and trying to write a check one handed. Don't forget my shoulder which had just been put back into place (OUCH).

[Insert: I don't think I mentioned this before, but I was in so much pain over the weekend, and took the first available appointment my chiro had for the week which was Tuesday morning. Turns out I spent Friday (which is when I first felt it) until Tuesday morning trying to carry around my baby, carseat, pots & pans, bookbag, etc etc with my arm NOT COMPLETELY IN IT'S SOCKET. No wonder it hurt so freaking bad!!! My chiro was shocked I didn't find an emergency clinic or something to get it looked at, especially since the rest of my shoulders/neck/back took a hit trying to make up for my right shoulder's lack of ability during that time. Who wants to go to an emergency clinic though?? I figured I could make it until I could get in with him. It wasn't completely out of socket per se, just rotated incorrectly and not "in", which explains why it hurt to reach or pick up anything. I have no idea how that happened.]

If I wasn't quite so sleep deprived and my brain wasn't quite so full of everything, I may have realized BEFORE October that it wasn't our car inspections that were due ... it was our registration. Shoot. I haven't confused those before, so I felt really silly when the mechanic said he would be happy to inspect my car ... in December. Sigh. Surely I'm not the only one to ever do that, right??

Anyway, this is mostly one long ramble about how my life continues to be crazy. 
And how ice packs are sometimes my best friend.

Happy Wednesday everyone! And don't forget the first presidential debates are on tonight at 8pm (says the social studies teacher).

No comments:

Post a Comment