Sunday, November 24, 2013

Family Christmas Pictures!

On Saturday we braved an appointment at JCPenny to (hopefully) get a cute family picture and a couple good ones of Clara for a Christmas card picture. I really need to get our cards out ASAP since they will serve the secondary purpose of notifying friends and family of our change in address.

While Clara definitely acted like an 17.5 month old while we were there, but thankfully we were able to get several that I liked! (It helps that she's so stinkin' cute. Still, there were a few that didn't even look good of her - I didn't know it was possible!)

These are the preview pictures. We won't get the high definition ones I ordered until Dec. 5. BUT I managed to get a 3 image CD, 4 pages of prints and the setting fee for a grand total of $38! I do love coupons. Especially really good coupons. Can you believe these studios charge $150 on average for that? Yikes.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Time for pictures!

Eating an ornament
 When Clara acted like she was going to get grumpy, and gave the photographer the stink eye, I asked her if she had any Christmas books to use as props. Offering Clara a book or food is akin to offering life long friendship. Sure enough, a few pages into the book and Clara was ready to be friends with the lady. Silly goose.
"Dat!"

'Twas the night before Christmas ...
 One of my two favorite family pictures:


My absolute favorite family shot! 
This one is super tiny because I cropped out Bryan and I because we were making weird faces trying to get Clara to smile and wear the hat. Epic fail on the family picture front, but she's so cute I couldn't resist including it.


Sweet smile
 Like I said ... we went through moments of toddler frustration. I tried hiding the photographer's frog puppet in the box which did eventually help. But I think she thought we were trying to pull one over her until she realized she could open the lids and throw them.



 I love this one!! 
She looks so grown up, it scares me a bit
 I love her grins.

Did I mention that I love her grins? :)

This looks like a picture that could be a toddler mug shot. 
I may keep this around for when I need to get creative with misbehavior giggles :) 
Pretend I didn't do anything wrong.
Notice how the boxes are scattered all over the place and lids are thrown around. How else would she achieve such a goofy smile?! 

Putting it all back together.

20 minutes. Exhausting. But I like several of the pictures we got!

I made a little collage of my favorites:


Christmas cards coming soon! 'Tis the season ... almost :)


No comments:

Post a Comment