Monday, February 21, 2011

Backyard!

To say we were "excited" to see the backyard fence would be a complete understatement. Ecstatic, overjoyed, and in love with our backyard would be closer to the truth. For some reason when I had a checklist in my mind for everything left for the workers to do, I somehow managed to forget "build a backyard fence." Which, in retrospect, was a pretty huge omission. Thankfully, our builder did NOT forget such a big detail!

Before I show you the backyard ... the other item of interest:



Gutters! Important, but not nearly as exciting as our very own backyard.

So moving on ....

Here's what it looked like when we drove by mid-morning:



Here's what it looked like at lunch about an hour later with one side done:



And here's what it looked like after a lovely afternoon and evening spent with my parents at the lake house:



It's a PERFECT sized yard! We were so nervous it would be too tiny, but it's not. And I started having all these images of days shooting my bow ... playing catch and tag with our children ... planting flowerbeds & a garden, playing fetch with the puppy ... a grill and porch swing ... oh my gosh. Like I said, "excited" was a major understatement.

I'll have to get a few more proper photos during the day tomorrow.
Just imagine when it has grass! And a tree! Whoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment