Saturday, February 5, 2011

Best Last Day Ever

Yesterday was Friday, Feb. 4 - officially my last day of work at Nitsch Elementary. Well, it was KIND OF my last day of work because Klein ISD actually had a "snow" day - with no snow. Mostly just ice on roads. Can a last day like that even be topped? I doubt it!

The day before (Thursday) was our 100th Day of School Celebration, which was a lot of fun. It was a great way to end my time with some pretty special 5 and 6 year olds. I had them make these cool 100 day bead necklaces, and we made hats and colored, sang songs & did an experiment in the science lab :) Like I said, it was a fun day! At the end of the day I told them what to expect next week. Many of them cried, some looked at me blankly, and a few others looked happy (if you know my kids - wanna guess who?? haha). I was able to give all of them hugs, and say goodbye. I'm really glad I did that, because it was surprisingly bittersweet to drive away that day. (Thankfully our principal took the last few minutes of the day while I was on Kindergarten bus duty to yell at me down the hallway in front of lots of kids ... it helped remind me WHY I was getting out of there!) I did however have my first *pleasant* conversation with my assistant principal that day. I think, despite our trouble this year, she really does wish me the best, and doesn't want me to stop teaching.

I don't want to stop teaching either - especially if I can find a job with older kiddos! We'll see what happens. It is not exactly a good time to be applying for teaching jobs. Klein (and just about every other ISD) is going to be cutting jobs and programs. I'm not really sure what to expect from private schools, so I'll just do my best and we'll see!

But, my main point, was that I had an awesome *last* day of work!
We ran some errands, looked at the house, spent some time with MeMaw & Paw, and then massively (overly?) enjoyed Happy Hour with some friends at Baker's Street Pub last night :)

Enjoy the weekend! I hope everyone that is actually snowed in gets cleared out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment