Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Driveway Drama

We owe Paw a huge debt of gratitude for coming to our rescue yesterday!

Around 9:30 in morning Bryan got a call from Jimmy, our builder. He said they had just finished excavating and were going to pour the cement for our driveway in about 30 minutes. Wow! Talk about short notice. On Valentine's Day, Bryan and I took a romantic date to Home Depot to purchase the necessary PVC pipe, couplings, end caps, cement, purple primer, etc, in order to run the line under the driveway to make installing our own sprinkler system after closing easier to do. This needed to be done after excavation and before pouring the cement, so you can see why timing was of the essence.



So thankfully we already had the materials, and thanks to divine intervention, we had also thankfully left everything in MeMaw & Paw's garage because they live really close to the house. This turned out to be the best thing we could have done because Bryan & I were both in a position to NOT be able to be at the house putting the pipes together within the next 30 minutes, so we would have been majorly S.O.L. :( However, the overseer had already dug the trenches for Paw by the time he arrived and put together the pipe & laid it out. THANK YOU SO MUCH, Paw, for doing this for us!! You're amazing!

Then, as it happened, MeMaw, Paw, and myself had already planned to meet Bryan at Andarko for a quick look at his office and lunch in the cafe! I think MeMaw & Paw were pleased with the office and all of the perks they offer their employees - like the on site gym and fabulous cafeteria.

Here are some pictures of Bryan with his grandparents in his office:



It was a very nice outing! We'll have to do it again!

Then, because as we all know I can't help myself, I went by the house to see the new driveway and sidewalks that were poured! It looks really nice. The guys working on it looked at me fearfully when I arrived like I might do something as stupid as walk on freshly poured cement. I don't know if I relieved them or disappointed them by not stepping on it ...



And here's the little step/stoop outside of the garage's side door:



And, since I thought the excavation and cement was supposed to be the only big project for the day, boy was I surprised when I went inside and found all of the bathroom counter tops! The first picture is of the full bath downstairs with the double sink (nice!) and the second picture is a close up of what the counter tops look like. They're a bit lighter than I remember, but they still look good. It's amazing how much more finished the bathrooms look now with cabinets, tile, and counter tops! Soon there will be toilets (which come in handy) and all of the plumbing fixtures like faucets.



Can't wait to see what will be there today when I go by!

Also, in case you were wondering how we're doing on the all-carbs-left-behind 2 week experiment, we're good :) Going strong on Day #3! Plus we're getting lots of good exercise. I can't wait to eat some fruit again! I didn't realize how addicted to apples I was until this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment