Sunday, May 1, 2011

Making History

I don't know if it's the history lover or teacher in me, but I always feel a little overwhelmed when I live through moments that will soon be written in "history" textbooks.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/osama-bin-laden-killed/story?id=13505703

Bryan & I heard that Obama was going to be making a late night statement about an undisclosed topic this evening, so we stayed up way later than usual (it IS after 10pm after all!) to find out what was going on.

Turns out ..... Osama bin Laden is dead.

The response from Americans is pretty interesting. I don't know that singing "ding, dong, the witch is dead" is the right response, but it is a little bit of relief that there is one less "bad guy" threatening us, too. I'm really praying that the response from his end isn't one of revenge on the U.S. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment