Monday, April 1, 2013

Owww!!!! (Warning: not for the squeamish)

This morning I had the dubious pleasure of having a protruding mass of tissue cut off of my thumb.

To say it hurt would be a massive understatement.

I started to notice the swelling and pain last Monday. Over the weekend it was reaching an unbearable level of pain and sensitivity, so this morning I caved and went to the doctor.

I don't know what I was expecting, but I was not mentally prepared for his solution.

After giving me a shot in the thumb to numb it (which hurt all on its own), he had to cut the whole mass out. I did lots of praying and trying to get to a happy place.

Towards the end he had to go deeper than expected and regardless of the numbing stuff I could REALLY feel the scalpel and I got very lightheaded and started sweating. Clara must have thought we were playing a new game when I got on the floor and they brought me some cold cloths and water. She was having a good time! I, however, was most certainly not.

I took some pain meds and am trying to pretend I can't feel my thumb throbbing. Sheesh. What a Monday morning!

I am really glad it's gone though!!







No comments:

Post a Comment